This is a research guide for English 1A students looking for information about personality and identity. You'll find suggestions for locating books, e-books, and magazine and journal articles in print and Web sources.
Assignment (Summer 2019): Research Paper in which you explore, research, and prove something about a topic that specifically interests you
- Explore one of the many ideas having to do with personality, identity, motivation, learning, behavior, etc. You may research these ideas from any of a variety of perspectives: psychological, biological, sociological, etc.
This assignment is intentionally broad to all students to explore, research, and prove something about a topic that specifically interests you. For example, you may choose to:
- prove why your topic has changed over the years.
- why your topic is especially relevant now.
- why your topic is relevant to a specific group of people.
- 6-8 pages
- Separate Work Cited page, using at least 5 credible, cited sources
- Sources should be published within the last 5 years (only when covering the history of the topic may an older source be used, with instructor's approval)
- Standard MLA formatting and 8th edition citation rules