Introduction to college library research techniques in a specific subject area. Focus on campus and remote use of subject databases, emphasis on discipline-specific physical and electronic resources, search strategies, evaluation of relevant resources, distinction between scholarly journals and popular magazines, discussion of plagiarism, and bibliographic citation of materials.
Examples of resources you might use for a research project:
- Peer Reviewed Articles - find using library periodical databases
- Scholarly Articles - find using library periodical databases
- Books - find using the library catalog
- Reference - Find using library ereference databases and library catalog
- Videos/educational DVDs - Find using library video databases
- Credible websites - Find using Google