Faculty: Instructions for New Users
- Staff/Faculty: To create a new account, use your laspositascollege.edu email.
- Click here to learn how to get started with Newsela. NOTE: We do not provide usernames or passwords for users. Please follow the linked instructions to create your PRO (Essentials) account. If an instructor had previously signed up for a Newsela account, confirm your PRO (Essentials) status is correct by visiting the Account Tab once you have logged on.
- Once you have created your account, you can login directly at Newsela each time you need access.
- Check out the Getting Started Workshop and these videos to help you get familiar with the platform.
- The Educator Support Center is an excellent resource for instructors seeking tutorials and lesson ideas. A good starting point is the short online Newsela Explorer course.
- While this service is provided by the LPC Library, we recommend you submit a Newsela Support Ticket to get your technical questions answered quickly!
Students: Instructions for New Users
- Your instructor will provide you with a student/class code.
- Login at Newsela.