You will be reading and writing about American government, politics and policies.
- Select three newspaper articles that were published between July 1 to the present.
- The articles must relate to three separate concepts or court cases presented in your textbook.
- The concept should not be too broad.
- Too broad = "democracy"
- Narrower concept = "direct democracy"
- Find examples of "direct democracy" such as a proposition (i.e. Proposition 64)
- Be specific and correct.
- The article you choose must include enough information for you to be able to write a synopsis and analysis that is a minimum of two typed pages.
- Use only the five newspapers contained within the LPC Library database US MAJOR DAILIES.
- Do not use magazines; do not use editorials from the newspapers.
- Write a synopsis THEN an analysis for each article, explaining the relationship between what is presented in the article and the concept explained in the textbook.
- Provide your personal perspective about the article.
- Use APA format for your in-text citations and reference list. Cite BOTH the news article and your textbook in each analysis.
- Submit a copy of the entire article with the date/page indicated with each summary.
Ask Mr. Torres or a reference librarian for assistance.